The Ministerial Association provide support to pastors at two levels:
- General Support - The Ministerial Secretary will touch base with each staff member on a quarterly bases. These sessions are confidential and the agenda is set by the pastor. The possible areas of discussion:
- assess their ministry activity.
- any work or personal issues.
- give feedback to the system.
- share their learning and experiences.
- future career aspirations.
- request advocacy.
- Coaching Leader - This level of support is more intensive, usually involving a monthly session. It is made available to pastors who wish to increase their coaching skills as a leader and to develop a coaching practice with their leaders. It involves the following components:
- An agreement to work with the Ministerial Secretary for 12 months in a mentoring relationship.
- To participate in a coach training seminar.
- To work with a lay person(s) in developing a coaching ministry.
For more information of what is involved in the Coaching program look at the following pages: